PCCCSC176 - Birthday Hydrangea

Hello everyone,


Its Wednesday once again, time for another challenge at the Paper Craft Crew.  I am out of action having made this card in advance before shoulder surgery.  Please forgive the last post  of this card.





I'm using a Base of Rich Razzleberry combined with some Floral paper from an older pack of dsp.  I've used some Wisteria Wonder card for a punched border and Whisper White card for stamping onto.  The Hydrangea is from a vintage Hostess stamp set, the greeting from Well scripted vintage set and the butterfly is one of my favourite from a current set called Papillon Potpourri.  Come and have a look.





From a distance it looks a little like Faux Mother of Pearl technique over my coloured image, however what it actually is Dazzling details.  You will see it better in the closeup.  I had a slight mishap with the bottle and rather than discard the piece and start over, I decided to go with it and spread the entire circle with it.  Anyone who has tried this before knows that it actually saturates the piece of card and it can distort and wrinkle or warp it when its dried.  What I did was allow it to try.  Ironed it on the reverse, the heat changed the composition of it slightly, then I reapplied some more glitter glue over the top with a paint brush and allowed it to dry again.  Perhaps my mistake the the creation of a new technique.  Who knows if anyone's had to resort to ironing their glittered image before.  It was a first for me.

Here's a closeup to try to show you the glittery effect.




Hope you can join us at the Paper Craft Crew.  We look forward to seeing your creation.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PCCCSC174 - Merry Christmas

Light up your Christmas

Stamp Ink Paper #206 - Magnolia Thanks