World Cardmaking Day 2017

Hi Everyone,

I wish you all a fantastic World Cardmaking day today, and if you are in Australia like me you've probably come to the end of your day, however we have a long weekend, so there's nothing to stop us carrying on our cardmaking all weekend.  I intend to as I'm visiting a friend and fellow demonstrator tomorrow for a catchup and some play time.

These are some of today's cards I made.

These first butterfly ones were using up some materials on my desk.  The backgrounds were done with Shaving cream, a fun but messy technique.  I made these some months ago and they've just been waiting for an opportunity to be put to use.




I've done closeups of each of the cards, as the first one used Perfect Plum as the base and the second used Elegant Eggplant.  The greetings for both came from the Happy Notes stamp set and the Butterfly thinlits were used for the die cuts, finished with Iced Rhinestones.  Here are each of the cards.



There were obviously different coloured Reinkers used on each of the backgrounds, this one incorporating a little bit of black, but the main difference is that I tried out my Wink of Stella pen on the edge of the Wings on this butterfly.  See below.



Here's the Eggplant one



This background contained some Marina Mist, Orchid Opulence and even a little Pear Pizzazz.

Next I made this batch of cards inspired by Kylie Bertucci.  She's one of the lovely ladies on the World Cardmaking Day bloghop happening here.  Clicking on her name will take you to her post and you can follow the rest of the blog from there if you wish.




I've used the Elegant Dots embossing folder on the Whisper White background of these cards which are a combination of Sweet Sugarplum, Perfect Plum and Rich Razzleberry.  They are similar not identical.  The flower comes from the May Flowers framelits and the greeting on the first 2 "For You" from the stamp set Blooms and Wishes.




Here are all the cards photographed together.



It was great to have a productive day, but these are only the start.  I actually have more in the works which I'm thrilled about.

Have a great weekend.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PCCCSC174 - Merry Christmas

Light up your Christmas

Stamp Ink Paper #206 - Magnolia Thanks