Stamp, Ink, Paper #88 - Anything but a Card

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to our challenge at Stamp, Ink, Paper.  This week we challenge you to do something different, in fact anything other than a card.  I've decided to decorate an Easter Egg carton for my niece.  It also showcases some Stampin' Up! products and was inspired by another upcoming challenge as well.  Come and take a look.


I have this done a little early for Easter, I'll admit.  But I'm hoping it may also inspire others to try decorating one of these cute Egg cartons.  They come in a natural colour, however I coloured mine with a spray bottle of water with Sweet Sugarplum ink mixed in.




On top, I've decorated with some Daffodil delight card which was embossed with the new Hexagons embossing folder, a Bee from the Dragonfly bundle, a flower which was punched from Brown Wrapping paper and scrunched and some Very Vanilla lace and Sweet Sugarplum ribbon.  The greeting comes from a retired stamp set called Well Scripted which I've cut with the Stitched shapes framelits.

Now the best bit of the Egg carton, as any child would agree is what comes inside.  I have a few pics of that.











Thank you Mr Cadbury's.


I've taken some additional photos of the top of the carton so you can get a closer look at the detail.




The scrunched flower is made from our brown packing paper and I added some diecut leaves which were also stamped in in, but I coated them with Wink of Stella.  I have additional pics at the bottom of my post to give you an idea of the flower.  When it was finished I brushed the edges with more Sweet Sugarplum ink. 


This pic shows a closer look at the greeting.  I am loving the Stitched Shapes dies, particularly for cutting greetings.

Is this a familiar site for you?  I get a wad of this brown paper with every order I receive from Stampin' Up!.  Here's what I did with it.



I hope you like what I've made for you this week.  I very rarely make any 3D or off the page projects like this as I truly am a cardmaker at heart.  Please check at Stamp, Ink, Paper what our other talented designers have created for you this week and have a great day.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PCCCSC174 - Merry Christmas

Light up your Christmas

Stamp Ink Paper #206 - Magnolia Thanks