Just Add Ink challenge 165

Hi Everyone,

The challenge this week at Just Add Ink is to "Just Add Woodgrain". 
I knew I wanted to do something floral and I immediately think of Nature when I think of something with Woodgrain, so I'm using the Woodgrain Embossing folder on a background with my Elements of Style stamp set.  It has been a favourite.  It's not originally what I had in mind, however I've used this stamp set recently as it's one which may be on our retiring list (it is in the US) and I know it's stunning with the Faux Mother of Pearl technique, so that's what I've done here.


Do you like my Easel card?  The Base card is Wisteria Wonder and the Woodgrain panels are Early Espresso card.  I've used a touch of Rose Red on the base section and embossed another Wisteria panel with Elegant Lines embossing folder.  The greeting is stamped onto one of the Four Frames stamps which has similar flowers which I've also coloured and done the same Faux Mother of Pearl technique on it to match the theme above.  Here is a closeup of the colouring and Faux Mother of Pearl technique.
I've used Blender Pens and markers to colour my image here and on the Four Frames below

This is a side view of my Easel Card
Thanks so much for stopping by to see my card for this weeks Woodgrain challenge.  Here is one last look.  I hope to hear from you for your feedback on my card, and have a great day.



Comments

  1. Wow Carolyn - you are really rocking the mother of pearl technique! The colour combo you've used is such a pretty one and Elements of Style looks like it was made to have the MOP technique behind it. Another lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I love the way this Mother of Pearl image has come up - it's beautiful. It looks very vintage. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your faux mother of pearl technique is beautiful and the woodgrain panel sets it off well. Thanks for joining in with our challenge this week at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carolyn that faux panel is really beautiful and works perfectly with the woodgrain layer...Gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely, Carolyn. The Early Espresso embossed card is a great backdrop to your gorgeous Mother of Pearl image. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your lovely comments, Ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh No!! This can't be going! I love this set! And you are right it looks terrific with your faux pearl tech. Like the Woodgrain layer. Vx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PCCCSC174 - Merry Christmas

Light up your Christmas

Stamp Ink Paper #206 - Magnolia Thanks