Light up your Christmas

Hi Everyone,

You all know how I love my Easel Cards right?  Well I've added a little light to them in the form of the little battery operated candles.  Neil bought me some boxes of them online.  I've been playing around with a couple of different designs which are for an upcoming class of very Special Christmas cards with my group but thought you might like to see them.  This is the first one I've done using the retired stamp set Christmas Lodge.  It's a gorgeous set with this beautiful tree and really suits a vintage style Christmas Card.  I've also used the Deco Label Framelits which are fast becoming a favourite and the Beautifully Baroque and Fancy Fan Embossing Folders.

The Cardstock is Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla.

I have the light on so you can see the gorgeous effect from the little candle.  Here is a photo when it's off.

This is how it looks from the side.  It's like a tent.  Extra card was added to the length to extend the bottom of the card to make it this size.  This isn't the normal way I would make an Easel card.  It was inspired by a design I'd seen on Pinterest by Amanda of Krafting Kreations. 



 And here is a second card I've made with the same stamp set and my own design.

The cardstock on this one is Baked Brown Sugar with Very Vanilla and some Champagne Glimmer card.  On both cards the Vellum was stamped with Always Artichoke Ink.  This second one I actually published first to my SU demonstrator's only gallery and they loved it.

 This is a view from the back to give you an idea of how this candle easily sits in behind the image.

Next is a closeup of the greeting.


I hope you also love this card as much as I do.  I do have spaces available for this class if you're interested in attending.

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope you enjoy what's left of your weekend.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PCCCSC174 - Merry Christmas

Stamp Ink Paper #206 - Magnolia Thanks