Happy Tuesday Butterfly Joy

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to get myself back in my happy place with another Butterfly Card.  I'm calling this one Butterfly Joy because I've used the Joy framelit from our Wonderful Wreath set on this card and combined it with the Something Lacy background stamp and Papillon Potpourri Butterflies.  Come and have a look.



I've used my Frosty Glitter technique on my butterflies (explained lower) and the Scallop Border punch.  The cardstock used is Basic Black, Whisper White and Dazzling Diamonds glimmer paper.  The Joy was cut twice, once from Dazzling Diamonds and once from Basic Black card and adhered as a shadow to help the glimmer stand out.  The background Something Lacy stamp was inked with Coastal Cabana and stamped onto Whisper White card.



I have the Papillon Potpourri butterflies in 2 sizes on my card and stamped with the matching punches and raised on foam.  The Frosty Glitter technique is one I have personally developed over the years and comes about mixing in a separate jar a 50/50 mix of Dazzling Diamonds Glitter with Heat and Stick Powder to make your own embossing powder.  This is then used over card which has been stamped with an image in Whisper White craft ink and heat set.  Note:  You must use Whisper White ink.  You will not get the same frosty effect by using a versamark stamp pad, nor will you get the same effect by embossing with Irridescent Ice embossing powder which contains clear embossing powder and gives a more glossy shiny effect rather than frosty and glittery, great for snowflakes.  I hope that sufficiently explains the technique.



Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have yourself a very happy Tuesday.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PCCCSC174 - Merry Christmas

Light up your Christmas

Stamp Ink Paper #206 - Magnolia Thanks