Create with Connie and Mary 244

Hello Everyone,

This week there is a colour challenge over at Create with Connie and Mary which I wanted to join in with.  Here are the colour selections
2013 Thursday Challenges-007

The blue shades in the challenge are colours I like to use often.  Not the Daffodil delight, so much, so had to put on my thinking cap for this challenge to come up with a card that I was happy with.  If in doubt, I usually go with butterflies.

Here is my card.


I've used stamps of Everything Eleanor, Perfectly Penned, En Francais and Papillon Potpourri with Beautiful Butterfly Bigz die & Elegant Butterfly punch for my layered butterfly, plus Ovals Framelits.  I've also added texture with embossing folders of Fancy Fan and Vintage Wallpaper.  The Pin is non SU from my stash through the Satin ribbon which is retired also from my stash.  The top Not Quite Navy butterfly was stamped with Illuminate ink.

Here is a closer look

Thanks so much for taking a look at my card.  Please feel free to make comments or provide feedback, as I love to read them.



Comments

  1. Love your beautifully framed butterfly! The ribbon is such a pretty touch to finish it all off! Thanks for playing along in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Layers, and textures and embellishments - OH MY! This is a great Spring card! Thanks for joining us in the color challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you used the daffodil as an accent colour. And the way each butterfly layer had an added interest to it. Very elegant card. Vx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you framed the butterfly! Very pretty card! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol… I struggled with 2 blues, let alone a yellow in there! You've done a wonderful job of using the challenge colours Carolyn! Love the background stamping, all the texture and your pretty butterflies! thanks for joining us at Create with Connie & Mary this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Narelle, perhaps they'll have a Neutral challenge one day, lol!

      Delete
  6. Thanks Ladies for your lovely comments

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really beautiful! I love the layered butterflies! And that satin ribbon is yummy! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, love the oval layers with more layers of butterflies...great job! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a pretty card. I love your balance of colors and your layout is perfect. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Create with Connie & Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks ladies for your lovely comments and for choosing my card for the Top 3 picks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PCCCSC174 - Merry Christmas

Light up your Christmas

Stamp Ink Paper #206 - Magnolia Thanks