Double Floral Easel Cards


Hi Everyone,

I wanted to share with you another special Easel Card that I've made, especially for Mothers Day using the Floral Framelits that match the Medallion stamps.  I'm trying it out in a few different colours, mainly pink shades for Mum because I have some beautiful Decorative pins (or brooches) I'm adding that My Husband bought me online (by mistake) thinking that they were Earrings.  I'm glad they aren't actually, because they would be a bit heavy, and it was a bulk pack so I've come up with a card to use them on and my class ladies will benefit too.

This is called a Double Easel, different to the double easels I've made in the past for Christmas Cards.

The larger frame is supported upright by the smaller mini easel in the front.  In essence it's actually made as 2 separate easels which are joined together - large and small.  The smaller one also needs an anchor to sit up and this is where my little pink pin has come in handy. 
Here is a closer look at it.

I've tied a bow with Vanilla seam binding and pinned this gorgeous little brooch straight through it, then secured it to my card with glue dots. 

I actually got the idea to try this for Mother's Day after viewing a video from Melissa Stout, a US Demonstrator.  She made a double heart shaped easel card using this method for Valentine's Day.  When I saw it at the time, I thought I'd file that idea away in my memory bank for this occasion.

Here is another look at the card side on.


I've embellished the card with Medallion Stamps, then cut them out with co-ordinating Floral Framelits on the Big Shot and also used the Secret Garden Stamps and their matching framelits for the flowers and leaves.  My cardstock for this card is Rose Red, Pink Pirouette, Very Vanilla and Pear Pizzazz.


Comments

  1. Beautiful Card Carolyn. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PCCCSC174 - Merry Christmas

Light up your Christmas

Stamp Ink Paper #206 - Magnolia Thanks