Oh Happy Day - Just Add Ink Challenge #199

Hello Everyone,

Happy Tuesday.  Why, you ask is it Happy Tuesday?  Well to be precise it's actually Back to School Tuesday, the first day of the school year for my girls, so I bet there are a lot of Happy Mums enjoying their day today, and getting back into the morning routine.  I'll share a picture of them in their High School Uniforms at the bottom of my post.  It's my Baby Girl's first day of High school today.

This week there is a sketch challenge over at Just Add Ink that I was keen to play with.  Here is the sketch below.


I wanted to use some of my new products on this card, so have decided on Starburst Sayings stamp set with the matching framelits teamed with Sale-a-bration papers and some of my favourite butterflies from the Papillon Potpourri stamp set.



I love the pretty pastels in this Sweet Sorbet paper so have used coordinating Inks and cardstock to match.  The Base card is Crisp Cantaloupe with Whisper White, Pistachio Pudding and Pool Party.  Here is a closer look.

I've also used the SAB Embossing folder called Decorative Dots on my Crisp Cantaloupe Starburst and some of the SAB Bakers Twine.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I hope you will leave me a comment, as I love hearing from you and as promised will leave you with a photo of my girls, ready for school.  They were pretty happy to be heading off this morning.


Have a great day.

Comments

  1. This is a really beautiful card, Carolyn. You've used colour to perfection. Love all the new goodies! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card. I am warming to this paper too - I wasn't so keen, but now I have seen it a few times I think it could be on my list.
    Must remind my kiddos I'm not the only one who takes pics on the first day! My happy dance doesn't start until tomorrow (Wed). No 4, then No 2 on Thurs, No 3 next Tuesday and Eldest sometime in March when she starts uni. And I did say I have to take a pic of the first day at Uni - to go with all the other first days of course. LOL. I am looking forward to getting back into some sort of routine - I haven't been crafting at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki, us Mum's are all alike aren't we? Good luck with getting back into your routine.

      Delete
  3. Great use of the sketch Carolyn, love the soft colours in sweet sorbet and you've paired it beautifully with those new goodies..:0) So soft and pretty! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.
    I hope the girls enjoyed their first day back..:0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Nikki, yes the girls really did enjoy school today. I think a lot of that has to do with catching up with friends after the holidays.

      Delete
    2. Thanks once again for a really great card. Really love those colours in the Sorbet paper.

      Delete
  4. Oh so pretty Carolyn! I really love these colours together - they're so soft and feminine. Your sentiment works so well with this DSP too! Thanks for joining us at JAI this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very very pretty card - love the colours. Great pic of your girls too. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PCCCSC174 - Merry Christmas

Light up your Christmas

Stamp Ink Paper #206 - Magnolia Thanks