Fab Friday #25


Hello All,

Welcome to Sunday on the Sunny Sunshine Coast, Qld.

What a gorgeous day and the most perfect weather we are having here.  If you don't know where the Sunshine Coast is, its in the state of Queensland here on the East Coast of Australia.  I have had one little catastrophe today, with the water pump leaking everywhere and I've had to turn off our water inside the house until my husband gets home from his work away.  For those of you not familiar with a water pump, it's for people who live in rural areas and are not connected to a Mains water supply.  We rely on our own supply which is pumped from a tank.


I've made today's card for the Fab Friday Sketch challenge based on the sketch below.


It's quite an easy sketch and thought it would be great to make another quick Father's Day card for next weekend.  We celebrate Father's Day here on the First Sunday in September and that will be Sept. 1.

Now for my card.  I've used the stamp set Wetlands, stamped in Early Espresso Ink onto Crumb Cake Card and used the square panel on the sketch to cut a Window with the Window Framelits.  The Early Espresso Card front has been embossed with the Woodgrain Embossing Folder and I've added a little Linen Thread and one of those Big gorgeous buttons.


The frame is cut from Always Artichoke Cardstock.  Have a look here at the inside.


One last look at the card, and thanks so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment.


Whatever is left of your weekend, make it a great one.  See you next time.



Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing this,Carolyn. I pinned it for reference to try with some of my other StampinUp wildlife stamps. (haven't gotten Wetlands yet)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your window! And I love the woodgrain texture and wood button. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great masculine card! I love the window on the front allowing the goose to peek through from the inside. The button and thread are perfect finishing touches. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool window! The woodgrain embossing is the perfect accent to the Wetlands stamp! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doesn't this look great inside and out! Fab idea (for Fab Friday hehe.) with the window frame.Vx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a GREAT card. I really like how you make that a "viewing window". I have a card I might use this same technique with! Lovely job with your manly card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this set, Carolyn, and you've used it so beautifully on your card. Best part of the window is how pretty the inside of the card looks too. Great job!
    Thanks for playing with us at Fab Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PCCCSC174 - Merry Christmas

Light up your Christmas

Stamp Ink Paper #206 - Magnolia Thanks