World Cardmaking Day

Hi Everyone,

Happy World Cardmaking day to you.

I hope you had an enjoyable day today.  My friend and Stamping Sister Gaye invited me to her home for an informal day of cardmaking.  Spending the morning with some like minded ladies is always fun and I did enjoy it even though I haven't been feeling well this last few days.  I almost cancelled, but I'm so glad I went along.

I decided I would be making some Christmas cards using some of my older Christmas paper stack up from last year to create for a very good cause "Christmas Cards for Australian Troops".  Another friend in Sydney collects them and is responsible for sending them overseas among the care packages for those fine men and women who serve our Country and will be abroad for Christmas.  I managed to finish off 10 today.  Here are some pictures below.

On the first batch of cards I used cardstocks of Smoky Slate, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White and Old Olive, some silver ribbon and Silver foil doilies.  The Banner punch was used on the strip under the greeting and the Oval collection framelits was used to cut out the greeting from the Wonderous Wreath stamp set.




There are seven cards there made with a variety of papers from the Trim the Tree paper stack.



























Here are the next batch of cards.  When I ran out of the Silver foil doilies I changed to paper doilies to finish off these cards using a greeting from the stamp set Merry Everything and the Circle collection framelits.  I added some Cherry Cobbler bakers twine to these.











Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I hope you get to do some creating of your own over the weekend.





Comments

  1. Fabulous cards for a great cause.
    I hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PCCCSC174 - Merry Christmas

Light up your Christmas

Stamp Ink Paper #206 - Magnolia Thanks