Music Night and Flapper inspired card

Hello Everyone,

Last night we attended an evening of Music at our local High School which was also themed 1920's so we all got to dress up.  The girls were beautiful Flappers and boys dressed up in suits & hats.  All in all an excellent night.   This is my daughter, Karree before the performances started.  She is a little camera shy, like her mother (oh Mum, not another photo), well not really, only when I want to take a photo of her.


I've made a card inspired by the evening and her dress to mark the occasion.



She had a pretty blossom on her hairband which I've tried to replicate down the edge of this Basic Black card.  She also wore a lacy dress in a very Pale Mauve colour.  I just happened to have some of the Retired colour Pale Plum which fit the bill for this card which I've embossed with the Beautifully Baroque embossing folder and I've used papers from the Modern Medley pack.  The greeting is raised up on a punched Hex.

If you're interested I have quite a few more photos of the evening below.  Just click on the pictures if you want a closer look.

 Don't the girls look great.  Not sure what was so interesting on the  ground before they started though.

Whats happening here, looks like Karree is biting her music teachers finger (above).   This dapper young chap below is part of the Concert Band.
 Sisters here

 Friends outside before the show started.  Yes, my girl is the shorty in the bunch.




Food and Wine was included in our evening.  This is Anna's plate, note the 2 prawn cutlets, that's because she swapped her chicken for my prawn, I am allergic to shellfish and she doesn't like chicken.  Win Win!  

Inside had been set up beautifully with candles on all the tables, and how did I get in the pictures, LOL!


Hope you've enjoyed seeing this pics.  Have a great day.


Comments

  1. Looks like a fun night. TFS.
    Like your card too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Vicki. Yes it was fun, particularly seeing them all dressed up. Even the boys is ties, hats, suits etc, a rare thing to see them all looking so smart.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PCCCSC174 - Merry Christmas

Light up your Christmas

Stamp Ink Paper #206 - Magnolia Thanks