Happy Birthday Karree

Hello Everyone,

March is a Birthday month in our household with quite a few in the extended family marked on the calendar as well as some friends, but today is a special one.  It's my daughter Karree's 15th birthday today and she wanted a themed card to go with the cake she made for herself.  Let me prewarn you that this post is photo heavy.  I'll start with the card I've made.

She wanted a Minion card.  There are quite a lot on the internet one you start looking, but of course I wanted mine to be different.


I created a round card, to go with the cake my daughter wanted to make herself.   The idea though was a CASE of one seen on Pinterest by Gill Prescott.  Hers was a square card.

Essentially its just circles - Circle collection framelits and circle punches in various sizes.  I've joined 2 circles together to create a card that will open, hinged on the inside.  Some buttons were added to the blue overalls and a little Marina Misk ink was sponged just on the blue card.
 


She loved the card.  Next I'll show you her Cake Creation to go with it.



And the Birthday girl cleaning up the aftermath....thank goodness she did the benches.  I still have the floor to do though.

Cleanup in progress ... lol    she says she wasn't ready for a photo.  No kidding, my pantry doors wide open.   The final photo below is of the Birthday Girl herself, this morning just before we left for school.  She curled her hair specially.  Sorry it's not a better photo though.  We should have shut the back door first. 


Thanks for dropping by on Karree's Birthday.  I hope to get a much nicer photo of her tonight that I can post on FB.  See you tomorrow.


Comments

  1. Great card. Cake looks fab too.
    Happy Birthday Karee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Vicki, I will pass that onto Karree. xx

      Delete
  2. Looks like Karree had the perfect birthday! Clever card in circles to match the spectacular cake. Vx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PCCCSC174 - Merry Christmas

Light up your Christmas

Stamp Ink Paper #206 - Magnolia Thanks