Happy Birthday Anna


Hello Everyone,

It was my daughter Anna's 14th Birthday yesterday.

She is becoming quite opinionated about her likes and dislikes for a card, so this one was rather difficult for me to make something that she was going to be satisfied with.  I was told no Owls, no Minions (which is what I thought she would like), and definately NO Butterflies!  You can imagine my shock at those words.  Very cutting, lol.  When I tried to get from her just what she would like put on her Birthday card her response was "Happy Birthday".  Gotta love 'em.

Here's what I came up with.




I've made a Centre Stepped Card for Anna and there's no doubt who its for, because I used the Little Letters framelits combined with the Big Day stamp set.  The main image on the centre and the cake have been coloured with Blendability markers and the centre piece was cut out with the Label Framelits die.  Come and have a closer look.



The cardstock I've used is Coastal Cabana (a favourite colour that her bedroom was painted in last year), Basic Black and Whisper White.  The is a touch of glimmer too with one Gold Glimmer star at the very top of the card.  The cake has been cut out by hand.  The Happy Birthday greeting was stamped with Bermuda Bay ink, trimmed and adhered to part of a toothpick to look like a sign.



The patterned paper comes from a retired pack called Watercolor Wonder.





Happy Birthday Anna!

Thanks for stopping by to see today's card.  Have a lovely day.



Comments

  1. Lovely card Carolyn. Hope Anna had a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PCCCSC174 - Merry Christmas

Light up your Christmas

Stamp Ink Paper #206 - Magnolia Thanks