Irresistibly Yours Wisteria Butterfly card.

Hello Everyone,

How is your Thursday going?  My husband arrived home from working away this morning so I was hit with an avalanche of washing to do.  That didn't leave much time for play.  Luckily I did have most of this card assembled in advance.  Come and have a look.




This is a combination that you may not have seen before.  I've used the backgound stamp Wood Panel on the Leafy sheet from the Irresistibly Yours Designer paper pack, blotted and wiped it off and brayered with Crumb Cake Ink.  I decided it wasn't quite dark enough so then brayered again with Smoky Slate ink and wiped it off once again to ensure those white leaves are white and aren't stained a different colour.  The Sentiment in the Centre cut and framed with the Oval framelits comes from the Butterfly Basics stamp set and the butterflies used here are from the Papillon Potpourri stamp set.

The cardstock I've used here is Wisteria Wonder and Whisper white.  Here's a full view pic of the card below.



Have a good day and thanks so much for stopping by.




Comments

  1. This is gorgeous Carolyn! Wonderful results. Did you stamp the wood background in black or in Crumb Cake? and then you just brayered over the stamped image?? I want to try this..... and I am thinking of the flowers too! So very clever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Background stamped with Memento Black ink first before blotting and wiping it back, then brayered firstly with Crumb Cake (which I thought wasn't dark enough), then with Smoky Slate. I have tried the woodgrain on the flower shee too, and I liked it. That will be another upcoming card.

      Delete
  2. Just did 2 fronts as per these instructions. The only thing I did different was to heat-set the Memento ink, just a little. Then since I don't have a good brayer I used sponges. Did one with Soft Suede and a little of Smoky Slate on top and the other I did Smoky Slate first then toned down with the Soft Suede. Finished off by polishing the leaves with a cotton ball..... thank you for sharing this great idea. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise, you are welcome. I look forward to seeing your finished cards.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PCCCSC174 - Merry Christmas

Light up your Christmas

Stamp Ink Paper #206 - Magnolia Thanks