A Birthday Easel card for Ashley

Hello Everyone,

Happy Birthday Ashley,

This weekend my daughter has gone to another party for one of her friends who's turned 14.  The young lady likes red, and as I had been working on some Valentine's Day cards recently, this card evolved from the work I was doing.  When you think red, don't you think of Hearts?

My daughter did not like the card I first made for Ashley and demanded some changes.  Picky isn't she.  But I must say I was more than happy with this remake and I used the first card front I did for a Mother's Day card instead.  There is no waste in cardmaking (she says tongue in cheek) but glad I got to create another card with the other piece.  Come have a look at this Easel card I've made.




I've taken a photo with a side view so you can see how the easel card sits.  The cardstock is Basic Black, Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler and Gold glimmer.   The flourish stamp used on the background is from the set called Everything Eleanor. I've used the Bird Builder Punch here to create the birds & leaves along with the Owl Builder punch to punch those tiny hearts and the Oval and Decorative Label punches for the greeting.  I've also used the Scallop Border on some Gold glimmer for the top of the card.   Here's a picture of the front of the card for a closeup look.



The number 14 was stamped with Cherry Cobbler ink and the Memorable Moments stamp set.  The next photo shows you the inside of the card and the greeting.



My daughter informed me this card had to be special, an easel card, with red, not too many hearts, its not a Valentines Card (her words) and it had to have the Age, be original and be pretty.  Quite a brief.  I hope I achieved that and the goods news is the Birthday Girl liked it.




Hope you all had a great weekend.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PCCCSC174 - Merry Christmas

Light up your Christmas

Stamp Ink Paper #206 - Magnolia Thanks