Awards Night Inspiration for todays card

Hello Everyone,
 
Last night was the Awards night at my daughter's high school.  It was a night to recognise their achievements and celebrate their excellence, not only in academic fields but also in sport and cultural endeavours.

My daughter Karree happened to receive 2 awards last night - A silver Cultural Award and a silver Leadership award.  She's pictured at home afterwards.  She was surprised by some of the girls she works with from her weekend job at the Bakery with this lovely arrangement from her Employers Richie and Catherine and the staff from Richie's Bakery.


Aren't these flowers beautiful.  I was inspired to use these colours for my next card.


This is what I've created using a base of Elegant Eggplant, a layer of Tempting Turquoise and an layer of the Retired Presto Patterns specialty dsp which I've inked.  The simple layered For You greeting is from the stamp set Chalk Talk.
I've also added some Silver Glimmer punched with the Scallop Circle punch and some Silver ribbon from the Holiday Catalogue to this card.

Elegant Eggplant, Tempting Turquoise, Orchid Opulence (retired) and Coastal Cabana inks were all used on this sponged background.  These specialty papers were designed with an embossed pattern already on them so are perfect for the resist technique and it just so happens that I'm a bit of a hoarder so have plenty of this paper left.

How did I do with the colours, close to the flowers I think.  One last look at the card.


Thanks for calling in today.  Have a great weekend won't you.

Comments

  1. You captured it very very well Carolyn! So very pretty. Obviously orchids do much better in your part of the world than mine (LOL mine had 3 flowers, only 1 is left sniff sniff). The technique you used is absolutely gorgeous and I love the touch of sparkly you added under the sentiment.
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Louise. Gorgeous orchids, I've actually not seen them in these colours before.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Karee.
    Great Card too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PCCCSC174 - Merry Christmas

Light up your Christmas

Stamp Ink Paper #206 - Magnolia Thanks