JAI #190 - Just Add Masking


Hello Everyone,

How are we all this Monday?

Mine turned a little pear shaped today.  Breaking down while driving the girls to school, in the busy morning traffic on a bridge with no passing lane is not my idea of a fun start to the day.  I had to be pushed off the bridge and then waited for a Tow Truck to the local RACQ office, which in reality is just around the corner, a very short walk, but I needed to stay with the vehicle and call my Father in Law in to take the girls to school.  For the mechanical minded the RACQ think it's an electronic fault, a Crank Angle Sensor.  Well that went in one ear and out the other without any comprehension from me, so I had him write it down, so that I could share that little bit of news. LOL!

For today's card I'm playing along with the Just Add Ink Masking challenge.  I wasn't sure what I was going to do with this card, but my friend Justin had a good idea of sponging a masked area, so I decided to run with that as well.  I don't mind a bit of sponging having just done some multiple coloured effects on yesterday's card.

This is what I came up with.  It's a One layer card using the Magnificent Maple single stamp and Thank You greeting from Perfectly Penned stamp set.  The Ink colours used are Perfect Plum and Pear Pizzazz over a base of Very Vanilla Card.

This is a very quick and simple card.  I've used Post It Notes to mask my retangular panel, then sponged the inks, removed the Post Its and then stamped.  I'm happy with the pretty colours here.

Gotta love when an idea comes together so quickly.



The card was finished with some Perfect Plum ribbon.

An update on my car as of this afternoon is that it's not ready yet and I had to borrow my Father in Law's car to pick up the children from School.   Thanks for stopping by on my drama filled Monday.




Comments

  1. Beautiful Carolyn, love your colour choice and such an effective masking technique too! Thanks for joining in at JAI. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really lovely, Carolyn - the colours are gorgeous! I must admit that I gasped when I read that you "had to be pushed off the bridge" ... glad it was to safety, and not over the edge! LOL. Thanks for entering your lovely card in this week's Just Add Ink challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine, maybe I didn't phrase that too well. It was enough to drive me over the edge, LOL! I

      Delete
  3. Oh this is lovely Carolyn! These colours are such a pretty combo and one I go to for my card card as they girls always love them! Not a great way to start the day, but it ended with a gorgeous card! thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, Narelle. Always lovely to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PCCCSC174 - Merry Christmas

Light up your Christmas

Stamp Ink Paper #206 - Magnolia Thanks