Paper Craft Crew Sketch Challenge #66 + JAI


videogram cover image

Hello Everyone,

Welcome to Wednesdays sketch challenge for the Paper Craft Crew.  Here is the sketch which we hope you will play along with. 


For my Design Team card today I've used a great technique on my background.  I've taken the Naturals Composition Specialty Card, cut it to size for my square card and then brayered ink over the background with Perfect Plum ink.  It does require several coats as it's quite porous, then a quick wipe and your done, ready to adhere to your project.
I've taken a little creative license with my card, not strictly adhering to the sketch layout with the traditional banner & hearts.  I wanted to use some Butterflies instead.  You may notice that I'm rather partial to butterflies and there aren't too many days in the week go by before I feel the need to add my favourites to a card.  Most of my friends would already have noted by now that I love Butterflies, LOL!


I love the richness of this background.  The colours are from the challenge this week over at Just Add Ink.  The base of my card is Raspberry Ripple, then a layer of Crumb Cake card and finally the inked dsp over the top.  I've also added a banner from the Hearts a Flutter framelits set, Butterflies from the Papillon Portpourri set and Strength and Hope sets and the Greeting is from Chalk Talk set.  So what do you think of my Butterfly banner on this card.


The greeting and the main butterfly have both been stamped with Whisper White ink onto Perfect Plum cardstock. 

We hope you will join us over at the Paper Craft Crew with a creation of yours for the challenge.  Can't wait to see what you make.    Don't forget to check out what the Design Team have created for your inspiration too.  So I've made my DT card this week for the Paper Craft Crew using their sketch for inspiration and the Colours from the Just Add Ink colour challenge, for which I'm also cross entering this card.

Have a great day everyone.


Comments

  1. This does have a lovely rich vintage feel Carolyn and I love your idea of a butterfly banner too. Thanks for joining us again at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The butterfly banner is very sweet, Carolyn! Glad you were inspired by our colour challenge, to enter twice. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine, the colours were perfect for what I wanted to do with the PCC layout.

      Delete
  3. This is so lovely Carolyn! The layout you've used shows off the challenge colours perfectly! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink again this week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PCCCSC174 - Merry Christmas

Light up your Christmas

Stamp Ink Paper #206 - Magnolia Thanks