Celebrate - Birthday Card for Genie


Hello Everyone,

Just spent the afternoon in Nambour for the girls dance rehearsals for their Annual Danceform concert held in the Civic Centre.  It was great that I had my blogpost prepared in advance so I could just enjoy the afternoon catching up with friends and watching the storm roll in.  Luckily I was in undercover parking today, because there was actually hail in it.

I finally did decide which of my recent cards created would actually be for my Sister, Genie.  I wanted something a little different & quirky.  She is not an over the top florally person so I stuck with some personal faves of my own, Hex's and Butterflys combined with a grungy background.  My grunge is different this time, because I've used a dark base of Rich Razzleberry and stamped with Razzleberry, Whisper White and Illuminate ink onto it.  I also pulled out of Retirement my greeting stamps called Wonderful Words where this large "Celebrate" comes from.


The Hex's on the card come from the stamp set called Six Sided Sampler, the Grunge background set is called Gorgeous Grunge and the Butterflies are from the set called Papillon Potpourri, so we have quite a combination of different stamps all used here together.


The Cardstock and matching inks are Rich Razzleberry and Soft Sky used here and as I mentioned, some Illuminate ink was used on the background with the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set.  Love how that looks on this card, subtle shimmer.

Thanks for stopping by everyone.  Hope you have a great weekend.

Comments

  1. What a lovely card for your sister. It has a magical quality with the illuminate ink and whisper white ink. I still have that word stamp set too. Vx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PCCCSC174 - Merry Christmas

Light up your Christmas

Stamp Ink Paper #206 - Magnolia Thanks