Create with Connie and Mary Challenge 275 - A Washi Tape Thank you card.


Hello Everyone,

I know in the US at the moment, it's the Season of Thanksgiving and some of my friends have been listing all the things they are thankful for at the moment.  We don't do that in Australia, but taking a leaf out of my US friends book, I want to say a BIG Thank You to my friends, for their support, advice and often not doing anything at all except listening.  I have some really great friends, so thanks.  You know who you are.

Here is the sketch for this week's Create with Connie and Mary challenge



CCMC275

I'm in need of a Thank you card this week, so decided this would be a great layout to use for it and play along with this challenge.   I've made some banners out of the Gingham Garden Washi tape for my card here.


 I stuck the Washi onto some Whisper White card then cut them out with the Bitty Banners Framelits.  I've also changed the orientation of this card to Landscape rather than the portrait sketch and used the Pretty Prints embossing folder on my white background over a base card of Primrose Petals.  One of my signature butterflies (which I love) from the Papillon Potpourri stamp set embellishes the card.  Have another look at that butterfly.

Thanks very much for stopping by.  Have a fantastic day.

Comments

  1. What a great idea to flip the sketch! I love how you used the washi tape! What a super idea! And the layered butterfly is beautiful! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and SUMMERY looking! Love the washi tape in the background! Thanks for playing along with the Thursday sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is lovely! It is so nice to see soft summery colors and a butterfly. Great idea to flip the sketch. Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've achieved such rich textures on your card of lovely colors! The butterfly is a great touch! Thanks for joining us for the sketch challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like how you used the washi tape for the flags...clever! Love the bright colors! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie and Mary sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PCCCSC174 - Merry Christmas

Light up your Christmas

Stamp Ink Paper #206 - Magnolia Thanks