A Special Milestone - 100

Hello Everyone,

I've been asked to make a very special Birthday card for an exceptional lady, for its not everyday someone you know turns 100.  I feel very honoured to be making this card for her.  Come and have a look at this card.



The main image is from the Butterfly Basics stamp set which has been stamped onto Whisper White card cut with the Top Notes die and coloured with our Blendabilities sets, Old Olive, Wisteria Wonder and Rich Razzleberry.  The Happy Birthday comes from the Memorable Moments stamp set and the butterflies come from the Papillon Potpourri set.  Here's a closeup.




The Base of my card is made with Wisteria Wonder Cardstock and I've used the Hardwood Background stamp with some Crumb Cake Card and Early Espresso Ink to make my background.  The card front is cut slightly shorter than my back, so that you can get a bit of a sneak peek to the inside.  On the front of the card I've also added some Leaves in Old Olive cut with the Little Leaves die (now vintage).  These peek out from the inside of the card and also from under the Top Notes panel.  I've stamped little flowers from the Petite Petals stamps and punched them out to also sit around the panel and a few more on the inside of the card.  I finished them off on the card front with little Basic Pearls.   Here is the inside.




I've continuted the Hardwood fence theme through to the inside of the card and lined my card with Whisper White.  The 100 comes from the Memorable Moments stamp set and I've layered it up, leaving the white so that a few family members are able to write on this card.  I've also used neutral Pop dots to depict the nails in the fence.  Here is one last look at the full view of the card.  I really hope both the family, and the recipient love what I've made.


I really do feel honoured and also immense pressure creating a card for such a special milestone.

Have a great day.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PCCCSC174 - Merry Christmas

Light up your Christmas

Stamp Ink Paper #206 - Magnolia Thanks