Happy Birthday Mervyn

Hello Everyone,

Happy Tuesday to you all.  Today is my Father in law's birthday, and unfortunately I did not get time to make him the card I would have liked which would require an extensive search through my supplies to find those materials and instead I had to settle for using a Car on his card from the vintage set called Rev up the Fun.  This is my standard fallback on set for some of the males in the family and I've used it quite a bit in the past.  I also took the opportunity to use up more retired materials in my stash, which you will see.  Come and have a look.




The embossed shaped panel in the centre where the car sits comes from a pack last year that contained blossoms and brads.  I had a few of these left over.  The cardstock used is Night of Navy with Baked Brown Sugar (to match the panel) and patterned paper from the Print Poetry paper stack.  Both the car and the greeting have been stamped on Very Vanilla card.  Here is the pic of the full card.



Some Candy Dots from the Neutrals pack were added to this card.  They are a little more masculine in those neutrals collection of shades than using the Basic pearls that I normally favour.

Well, a Happy Birthday was had this morning including cake for morning tea and all is well.  My mother in law said she wants to take his card into church on Sunday to show it off (not that I feel this one is worthy of that being so plain.  Whatever makes them happy I suppose.

Thanks for calling in today, I hope you have a happy Tuesday too.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PCCCSC174 - Merry Christmas

Light up your Christmas

Stamp Ink Paper #206 - Magnolia Thanks