Happy Birthday Karree

Hello Everyone,

This Friday 13th is a little bit special.  It's actually my eldest daughter's 16th Birthday and I've made her a special card to celebrate which I'm sharing with you today.

I knew I wanted to make something different and make a Monogram card.  I thought K would be relatively easy to make into a card and also pretty cool as Karree has her initials in Wood letters in her bedroom, so I set about designing and measuring for the front of the card.  It turned into something quite eclectic by the time I was done.  It took a number of days to complete it and quite a few stamp sets used in the process.  Come and take a look.



 Ok, so it is a little OTT.  (She smiles)  I was trying to incorporate lots of things she likes.  This card is certainly unique.  The cardstock I've used started with Perfect Plum for the base teamed with Soft Sky on the front with Whisper White and Blackberry Bliss.  You can already see here a number of different stamps used.  I started with Something Lacy background stamp all over the Soft Sky K layer.





I've used some elements from Artisic Etchings (vintage) including the Eiffel tower which were heat embossed silver, plus Memorable moments for the age, Papillon Potpourri butterflies, Petite Petals Flowers along with matching punch, Loving thoughts (Vintage) for some of the sentiments, Teeny tiny sentiments for the Sweet punched out with Ticket punch, Good Greetings for Believe punched with the Word Window punch, Celebrate from the Celebrate Today new photopolymer stamp set and Kinda Eclectic for some of the butterflies and the leaves stamped on the Whisper White for the inside of the card.  I also silver heat embossed some of the butterflies from Kinda Eclectic and Papillon Potpourri for the card front and the number 16 which was punched out with the Ticket punch.  I've used the Beautiful Wings embosslits for a couple of smaller butterflies.  I'll show you the card opened so you can view the detail from the inside.  



The Birthday greeting inside the card is from the Butterfly Basics stamp set.  Here is a closer look at the inside.  The inks used here were Perfect Plum, Blackberry Bliss and Soft Sky.


All the Petite Petals have been finished with a Rhinestone centre.  Here's a look at just the K card front because there's quite a lot happening and it can look quite busy when you first look at it closed.  I actually wanted some of those elements on the inside to be seen from the front.



Unique like my beautiful girl.  I did try to take a happy snap of her this morning, but she was stressed and trying to finish an assignment due today.  Here she is.  I will try to get some better pics later on when she's dressed for her party.








We have a busy night coming up tonight with the teenagers.  Hope you all have a great day. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PCCCSC174 - Merry Christmas

Light up your Christmas

Stamp Ink Paper #206 - Magnolia Thanks