Create with Connie and Mary challenge 260

Hi Everyone,

There is a special double challenge at Create with Connie and Mary that I wanted to play with.

It's both Colour and the sketch below

CCMC260...SPECIAL 2 Week Color AND Sketch Challenge

CCMC260A         CCMC260B
I'm quite partial to the new In Colours and I love a shaped card too.  Today I've made an Easel Card using the Deco Label Framelits with the Mosaic Embossing Folder which I've inked on the inside with Calypso Coral Ink onto the Crisp Cantaloupe cardstock.  I'ved added a smaller panel cut with the Deco Labels from Whisper White card and embossed with Fancy Fan Embossing folder.  This is the base for my Leaves (Little leaves die) and Simply Pressed Clay flowers.

Here is my card


I've used Label Love stamp set and matching Artisan Label punch on the base of my card as the anchor to hold up my easel.  The card has also been decorated with some tiny butterflies cut from the Beautiful Wings embosslits.  The larger Simply Pressed clay used for the largest flower was coloured with Crisp Cantanloupe Ink prior to being put in the mold and the 3 flowers have all been brushed with the Calypso Coral marker to tone in with the background embossing.  I've also inked the Greeting stamp in Calypso coral.

Here is the side on view of the Easel Card and the base of the card.


I love making Easel cards of all different shapes and many of my regular followers will know.  I think this one turned out well and is so pretty.  I love the colour combination given to us for this challenge.

Here is one last look at my card.


Thanks so much for stopping in to view my card for the challenge.  I hope you will leave some comments while your here.  I really appreciate the time taken to leave them for me and love to know what you think.

Have a great day.



Comments

  1. I just love your easel cards! So creative! I do love how you created the two-toned background with the embossing folder! So beautiful! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I absolutely LOVE your easel card!! Beautiful card that works perfect with these colors. I need to try out inking up the Mosaic Madness EF too, it looks fabulous! So glad you joined us for the Thursday Challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind comnments Nicole. I have inked up this embossing folder before and was really happy with the results, that's why I knew it would look good. Carolyn

      Delete
  3. Oh how cool! I love how you 'inked' between the mosaics on the base and added some fun details on the flowers! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my goodness - so many things to LOVE about this card! I love the inked embossing folder! The flowers look like they are growing up the trellis! This really is a work of art! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...the inked embossing folder really POPS in the background of the flowers and it really looks like a trellis! Awesome job! Thanks for playing along with the combination challenge this time on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful details on your lovely easel card: the two-tone background, the handmade clay flowers, all the butterflies, and the repeat of the card shape with the white layer.. Everything comes together in a beautiful composition! Thanks for joining us for this special challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks very much for your lovely comments, Connie and Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice easel card. I like the clay flowers and the texture in the background. Your card has a garden effect. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PCCCSC174 - Merry Christmas

Light up your Christmas

Stamp Ink Paper #206 - Magnolia Thanks