Some Chrissy cards with new colour Soft Sky


Hi Everyone,

Don't you love trying out new colours for Christmas?  I know I do and I simply adore the new colour thats made its way into our Catalogue called Soft Sky.  If you've been an SU addict for a few years now, you may remember this as an In colour which has now been reintroduced to the range.

I've used our Holiday Framelits for these cards as well as a few greetings from various Christmas Stamp sets Greetings of the Season and Snowflake Soiree and I've even managed to incorporate a new Stamp set Mosaic Madness into the mix.

Here is the first card, dubbed Merry Mosaics

I've created a window with the Ornament framelit and pierced around the edges.  I've then cut another ornament from the Silver Glimmer paper to sit in the window.  So that it wasn't plain glimmer I've stamped one of the borders from the Mosaic Madness stamp set with Black Stazon onto an accetate strip to adhere across the Ornament.  It was fixed to the back of the Soft Sky panel.  The base of my card is Midnight Muse and I've stamped the Mosaics and greeting in that ink too.  I've punched separately the Mosaic pieces and added Rhinestones to their centres and added another smaller ornament cut with framelits to dangle from the top mosaic.  More Rhinestones and ribbon complete this card.

The next card was a little different.  My whole card is Soft Sky this time and I've cut another window and pierced around the cutout.  I also cut another Silver Glimmer ornament, but this time, it was adhered to the inside of my card.  I've used a panel cut from the Lattice die to create a pattern over the silver and added a tiny punched mosaic to the centre, raised on foam.

Here is my Peace on Earth Ornament framelits card.

When it's closed you can see the glimmer inside.


There is a tiny bit of Raspberry ripple used to stamp the greeting and the centre mosaic and glimmer paper added to the border and under the greeting and the Needlepoint Border Embossing folder finishes the bottom edge of the card off.  Add a few more pearls and this card is done.

I can see Soft Sky being used often.  Thanks so much for stopping by and Happy 4th July to all my US friends.



Comments

  1. I was thrilled with what you have come up with Carolyn. These cards are awesome and have inspired me with the Ornaments Stamp Set. Thank you. Vx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki, you are welcome. I'm pretty happy with these cards too.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PCCCSC174 - Merry Christmas

Light up your Christmas

Stamp Ink Paper #206 - Magnolia Thanks