Freshly Made Sketches

Hi Everyone,

I'm playing today with the Freshly Made Sketches challenge.  It's a sketch by Narelle this week and I love her layers on this one.  Here is the sketch below.
Today I've used the Quatrefancy Specialty Designer Series paper for my card with the Mosaic Madness stamp set and matching punch.  The patterns and colours on these papers are quite busy & bright and I've found that they work well in strips, so I've designed a Starburst style card with the sketch.

The base of the card is Island Indigo which I've teamed with Whisper White to help frame the panels and for stamping.  I've kept the rest of the card relatively simple following the sketch.  With such fun papers there was really no embellishments needed, so I've used the Bitty Banners greeting topped with a single Mosaic punch, stamped in Strawberry Slush and Island Indigo and punched with the coordinating punch and raised on dimentional foam.  Here is a closeup below.


These Starburst style cards are really popular at the moment and a great way to use up some smaller scraps of paper.  While I was making the above card, I also made another one.  This time its a landscape design and my paper strips are a little wider.  This card below is more like the style you've probably seen before, and I've been inspired by many others I've seen lately, particularly to use these papers up this way.  In particular, thanks to my demo friend Vicki Hodgman who inspired this card.


On this card I've used the Artisan Label Punch and a familiar Potpourri Butterfly and some of the new Ruffled trim in Strawberry Slush to finish off this card.

Thanks so much for stopping by to see my cards today.  I hope you like them and this inspires you to also use up some scraps.



Comments

  1. Beautiful card Carolyn! I love that starburst pattern! Quatrefancy is definitely my favourite DSP! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty - love the starburst effect!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PCCCSC174 - Merry Christmas

Light up your Christmas

Stamp Ink Paper #206 - Magnolia Thanks