The Paper Players - Themed Challenge "Christmas in July"

Hi Everyone,

There is a themed challenge at The Paper Players this week, which is right up my alley for "Christmas in July".

It may be a newer concept for our US cousins, but I have been running Christmas in July cardmaking classes here in Australia for many years.  Originally the idea of Christmas in July was so we could indulge ourselves with the traditional Christmas Feast that you would associate with a White Christmas at a cooler time of the year for us, as our Christmas is Summer.  A Big Roast dinner and Warm Plum Pudding and custard doesn't go so well on a Hot Summers day. 

We crafter's have taken this idea further and started our Christmas Card preparations early, in plenty of time for the festive season, so there isn't that last minute rush, especially if one has lots of cards to make.  We all think it's a great idea.  Here is my card for the challenge.

The base of my card is Island Indigo, cut with the Oval Accent Bigz die, onto which I've added a Basic Black card cut with the Labels Framelits and a window cut out using the Holiday Ornament Framelits.  Behind this window, silver glimmer was stuck onto the back of the card and the Lattice die was stuck behind the cutout.  Here is the inside to give you a better understanding of what I've done.

 I've used the piercing template around the ornament window and added a Merry Christmas banner across the front using the Petite Pairs stamp set and Bitty Banner framelits as you can see in this photo here.

Non traditional colours for a Non traditional card.  I hope you've enjoyed viewing my card today and will leave me some comments while you're here.

Thanks so much for stopping by

Comments

  1. What a beautiful card, Carolyn! Using the lattice die to decorate the ornament is brilliant! I love your non-traditional colors too! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is fabulous! What a creative way to use that lattice die! And that you used non-traditional colors makes it even better! Thanks for sharing this with us this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolyn, I had never thought of using the die this way. Thank you for being so creative and opening my eyes to how flexible the die is. I love the colors you choose, too!
    So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your lovely comments, Ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aah! You tricked me!! I thought I was looking at one of your famous Easel Cards!! But no ... this is even cleverer? (yes I just made that word up! hehe.) Your glitter ornament is on the inside of the card. Now that is really thinking outside the "Easel".
    Well done. Vx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PCCCSC174 - Merry Christmas

Light up your Christmas

Stamp Ink Paper #206 - Magnolia Thanks